Improve your film life
At PictureBox our panel of film lovers hand pick a monthly selection of great on demand films, giving you access to fresh titles every week, all for just £4.99 a month.
PLUS! All PictureBox members get access to exclusive bonus features!
Most popular films on PictureBox right now
You know it, folks: this film sets the standard. Bourne is exactly how a spy film should look these days. Our favourite scene? That superb car-chase sequence: it's nothing less than awesome. The perfect blast-a-minute film in the great traditions of 007.
- Director: Doug Liman
- Starring: Matt Damon, Franka Potente, Chris Cooper, Clive Owen, Brian Cox, Julia Stiles
There's something wild and wonderful tearing up Times Square again – over sixty years later! For outstanding visual effects, perfect casting and a classy re-telling of an iconic Hollywood story, you can't go wrong with this. Peter Jackson: we salute you.
- Director: Peter Jackson
- Starring: Naomi Watts, Adrien Brody, Jack Black, Kyle Chandler, Colin Hanks, Jamie Bell
A thoroughly watchable – yet at times toe-curlingly funny – period comedy from the great filmmaking siblings who gave us The Big Lebowski and O, Brother Where Art Thou. Our verdict? This tragi-comic tale is right up there alongside them.
- Director: Ethan Coen, Joel Coen
- Starring: Michael Stuhlbarg, Richard Kind, Fred Melamed, Adam Arkin, Sari Lennick
A simple premise: laughter is the best medicine. And the wonderful Patch Adams is the man who prescribes just that. This is truly a feel-good comedy with the always-missed Robin Williams at the helm, giving us yet another five-star performance.
- Director: Tom Shadyac
- Starring: Robin Williams, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Monica Potter, Steve Oedekerk
Douglas, De Niro, Freeman and Kline may well be collecting their pensions, but they know how to deliver the goods in a way that could give their twenty-something counterparts a run for their money. They're having so much fun here – and so are we.
- Director: Jon Turteltaub
- Starring: Michael Douglas, Robert De Niro, Morgan Freeman, Kevin Kline, Mary Steenburgen, Jerry Ferrara, Roman
Don't be misled by the title. This has nothing to do with centre-left liberal newspapers. This is a deeply macabre splatter flick from William Friedkin. He's the guy who gave us that unforgettable, controversial and thrilling film: The Exorcist. Legend.
- Director: William Friedkin
- Starring: Miguel Ferrer, Jenny Seagrove, Brad Hall, Carey Lowell, Natalia Nogulich, Dwier Brown
Ever had a day when a family secret comes as more than just a jaw-dropping surprise? For James McAvoy – a bored office worker and average joe – today is just such a day. It's sexy, it's brutal, and thanks to the incredible cast, it's thrilling.
- Director: Timur Bekmambetov
- Starring: Angelina Jolie, James McAvoy, Morgan Freeman, Terence Stamp, Common, Thomas Kretschmann
The Bourne Identity
King Kong ('05)
A Serious Man
The Guardian ('90)
More about PictureBox
Life isn’t exciting if you stick to what you know. Our panel of film lovers hand pick a shortlist of films every month to make choosing a film you'll love easy. Sign up today and get your first month free (it's just £4.99 a month thereafter) and you'll be watching great films on demand, online, right away. It’s a great chance to experience a totally different side to the cinema. Take a deep breath and try something new; you might just improve your film life!
- Films online and on demand
- Hand-picked by film lovers
- Access to bonus content
- Get your first month free
- Fresh films every week
- One low monthly price